Monday, March 31, 2008

Ramblings of an (un)accomplished life

Wow. I wrote last year and nothing since. Weird. How things change. I go through cycles as the years progress I think. I am pretty good now. I am pretty happy. I know things need to be better; my relationship with the Lord really needs more work. I am not nearly as in shape as I want to be. My house is a considerable wreck at the moment. I long to be super organized and a perfect housewife, and I'm not. But I'M okay. I want a million things to be done; I used to say I'd die before I could accomplish all of it. But I realize now at the ripe young (middle?) age of 29 that I will never finish all that I want to accomplish. I'll never do all the things I dream of doing. I won't ever be all I can be. And that's okay. I have a life here, with my husband and three kids and considerable busyness. There isn't really room for more. I'll never be a black belt at karate, I'll never start my own organizing business, I'll never be a counselor or PTA president; I'll never ride my bike across the U.S. or volunteer at the zoo. I might do one or two of these things in the course of my life, but definitely not all and probobly not many. And that's okay.

1 comment:

Sam Ransom said...

There is only so much time in the day. I have started to learn that I'm a little too ambitious with my time. Thinking that I can do it all! But it is okay to not do it all. It is okay to sit and watch TV for a little while even though the house is messy. That gives us sanity! Life is okay to just do what you can, what is the most important and let go of the rest.